Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I can't sew


I really can't sew. I have dabbled in a bit of sewing here and there, and I used to dabble in a bit of knitting when I was a kid. But this morning I only emphasised the fact that I can't sew anything to pefection, not even a button onto my trench.

See above left for the example of how a button should be sewed, then see the middle and right panel of the image to see how a button should not be sewed onto a trench. (I think you can guess which one was mine) I can't even be trusted to hem my own pants! I just picked up three pairs of pants from the alterations shop, where they reduced the leg length for me. All that was required there was a sew in a straight line. I didn't even attempt those, too much sewing.

I just straightened my hair like a pro, that's gotta count for something, doesn't matter so much that a gal can't sew.

No comments: