Sunday, November 25, 2007

A new government

Australia has a new government. I sat, glued last night to the television watching the results roll in from 6pm, till Mr Howard conceded at around 10:30pm. I watched the new Prime Minister Kevin Rudd make his first speech to the nation as our new leader. I must admit I am terribly excited about the future (I suppose you know how I voted now), and I am proud to be an Australian at a time when we will now see so many essential decisions be made. The ratifying of the Kyoto Protocol, the better acknowledgement of Climate Change, the improving of rights for all Australians in the workplace, in health, and in education. Hopefully we will see a new government who can lead with compassion and dignity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.