Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The D*mn PC Ruined my Day

I am a Mac user, I have been since I was 8 and my Dad bought our first Mac, a little grey box with a little square screen. I used to play "Where in the World in Carmen Sandiego?" and I loved it. Through-out my long history of using Macs from 8 till 23 I have never had a problem with them. I work in an office where we use PC's and I have been fairly happy using PC's in the past, except for the fact that they always seem to have things going wrong with them! My work PC is absolutley horrific and today the sh*t officially hit the fan! The computer froze 8 times, and I was forced to reboot each time! I only had Photoshop open in the end and I wasn't working off the net-work, so all the computer had to do was run one program with one file open!

I still had to keep working because I had deadlines due so I was saving everytime I made an individual change to my Photoshop file. But I still lost a lot of my work, and hence spent all day doing a job that should have taken around 4 hours. It was horrible, the d*mn PC ruined my day!

The funny thing is that the iBook I am currently typing on is actually quicker and more reliable than the desktop PC that I use at work. My laptop is perfect! I have had it for over a year and it has never skipped a beat, my fiancee's computer has cracked the sh*ts about four times and each time he has had to wipe the hard drives! Why do the PC people bother with all of that, when they could be living in a stress free Mac world??!!

No comments: