Monday, December 26, 2005

Something Horrible

So what do you do when something horrible happens to someone close to you, something that you can't express. Something that you have to pretend hasn't happened? I am a talker you see, when I have a problem, I like to discuss it with my fiancee, with my girlfriends and sometimes with my family, but now I can't talk about anything. It's killing me.

Anyway, Christmas has just been and it was nice, not as exciting as when I was a kid, but still nice. I suppose the best bit about Xmas now is spending time with family, not the excitement of Santa and the Xmas Tree and the presents.

My guy and I were discussing how Christmas is effectivley about, and for kids.

When you are a kid you find Xmas so exciting and the world just seems better for that one day a year, and then you grow up and you just don't look forward to it anymore. It's just one of those days that comes round, where you have to prepare with the spending of copious amounts of money, baking and chopping of fruit and pastries. We were discussing that when we eventually have kids that Xmas will probably be fun again! Because then you have someone so important to prepare all that fun and joy for.

So Merry Xmas :)

No comments: