Friday, January 06, 2006

Parking Inspectors Stalking Me

This week was the first week back at work for most of us here in Perth, and the parking inspectors have been out in full force. Sometimes I think they receive some guilty pleasure from giving people tickets, and the fact that people are mostly terrified of them. I believe that they have been stalking me this week, because everytime I have tried to sneak onto the side of the road to drop off the fiancee or pick him up, they are all of a sudden behind me, or in front of me, or next to me, or worse jumping out of their cars and stomping over the road towards me! So I have been shoving the fiancee in and out of the car all week, trying to push him out the door and take off so I don't get booked, or worse berated. Consequently we have been smashing our heads together instead of our usual peck on the mouth, in the rush to get him out of the car.

The most stupid I felt all week is when I told a parking inspector, after he had stomped over the road towards me, that I had no idea that I was standing in a hotel bus stand. Even though I stop there everyday to wait for the fiancee to come out of the building. I felt horrible after I drove away, guilty that I had lied to the guy, even though it possibly saved me a ticket. I don't know why he bought it, maybe it was because I said I would move right away, or maybe it was because he couldn't be bothered, or maybe he already had my licence number and I will receive a nasty letter in the post.

Boy was he angry though!! I think that is a pre-requisite for being a parking inspector, that or they just get sick of all the lame excuses that they get.

No comments: